JoSlider – A SlideDeck Joomla Module6 Comments
We’ve had many requests to extend SlideDeck to the Joomla CMS. It’s always been on our list within the development roadmap, but let’s just say it’s a long list! Fortunately, we were contacted several months ago by a Matthieu Barbe of CCC. He had already made great progress with a Joomla module and was working nicely within the guidelines of the GPL license. The result is JoSlider, a freshly minted Joomla module for SlideDeck available to all!
Supports Any Joomla Content Type and is Compatitle with SlideDeck Pro!
The expected settings for animation speed, width, height and vertical slides are all available. Matthieu has gone through the trouble of adding some features that are a bit more advanced.
Here’s the full list:
- Selection of Content Type/Section/Category for slide content.
- Ordering of items, including random ordering.
- Show/hide/exclusively show front page items.
- Assign the HTML ID attribute of the SlideDeck.
- Set the maximum number of slides shown.
- Set the width/height/animation speed.
- Choose one of the 6 included skins!
- Ability to choose the start slide.
- Options to toggle the following: Mouse Wheel Scrolling/Keyboard Navigation/Active Corner/Hide Spines/Auto Play/Auto Play Cycle.
- You can even set CSS files for specific versions of Internet Explorer.
- Cufon font support.
- Removal of branding/SlideDeck Logo.
- Setting to control display/format of index numbers, eg: A,B,C,D instead of 1,2,3,4
It’s really great to see a member of the community put so much effort into a SlideDeck Plugin. Thanks to Matthieu, the Joomla community can now easily benefit from the powerful features of SlideDeck.
Note: We are in no way affiliated with JoSlider and are not able to support this module.