SlideDeck 2.2 is coming – first details revealed59 Comments
One year and over 30 updates since we released SlideDeck 2, we’re excited and ready to announce the imminent arrival of SlideDeck 2.2!
Always making it better
Our goal with SlideDeck 2.2 is twofold:
- Make it easier to use and more powerful than ever
- Make it a lean and mean fighting machine
Over the past year we’ve collected usage data, feedback from your support tickets, your suggestions via our blog and surveys, and our own wish list to shape SlideDeck 2.2. So without further ado, here’s the proposed feature list!
- Lens builder/customization UI - Easily build and manage your own lenses. No more CSS wrangling to make your SlideDeck look just the way you want.
- Minimal themes - Stripped down themes that work better with flat designs.
- Lazy loading - Load as many slides as you want. SlideDeck loads them just in time.
- Speed optimization - SlideDeck 2.2 is going to be blindingly fast and light on its toes.
- Facebook pages, SoundCloud and Dropbox integration - More sources from popular Web services.
- Visual options for iFrame & RESS parameters - Activate two of SlideDeck 2’s most powerful features - iFrame embedding and Responsive mode - without having to manually edit the shortcode.
- Physics-based touch navigation - On a touchscreen, you can smoothly swipe and drag through your slides - the faster you swipe, the quicker they slide!
- Documentation - Complete documentation for developers and end users (which we've already started!).
- Custom settings for inputs (e.g. # of seconds between slide transitions) - Fine tune your SlideDeck's behavior with your own specific settings.
- Infinite looping (vs. sliding back to #1) - No more sliding back through slides during a loop!
- Left/center/right alignment options - Control the horizontal position of SlideDeck without special CSS and DIVs.
- Multiple accounts from a single source (e.g. 2 YouTube channels) - Have two YouTube channels, Instagram or Twitter accounts? No worries.
- Batch editing for custom content SlideDecks - Want to change the font of titles on all slides? Now it’s easy peasy.
- WPML support/integration - Translate your SlideDeck content with WPML support.
- More Google fonts - More webfont options from Google.
Of course, these are candidate features and some may not make the final cut, but we’re working hard to get them all in for the 2.2 release. There will be some feature differentiation across product tiers, and not all tiers will receive all of these features. Stay tuned for the official launch date and more details here on our blog.
We’re excited! We think 2.2 will set a new standard for sliders and we hope you’ll agree. Remember, you’ll need to have an active license to get 2.2, as well as future updates and support. Read more about renewals here.
What do you guys think of the upcoming features? Are there any that you're particularly pumped for? Let us know in the comments!