Flickr is one of the best online photo management and sharing service provided by Yahoo’s photo sharing service. SlideDeck3 is one of the best WordPress slider plugins to easily create a custom WordPress Flickr slideshow and add it to your website or blog.
You just need to enter the Flickr ID of your Flickr photo album, and the images will start showing into the slider of your site. In this walkthrough, we are going to guide you on how to create a Flickr Slideshow in WordPress.
Creating a WordPress Flickr Slideshow
STEP ONE: Installation
You will first need to install and activate the SlideDeck3 Plugin.
To create the slider with Flickr images, you need to have an account on Flickr and must have the image gallery setup in it.
STEP TWO: Create Slider
Visit SlideDeck3 » Manage and select Create SlideDeck under Dynamic Slider
STEP THREE: Integrating Flickr
Select Flickr as a Dynamic Source
STEP FOUR: Configure Flickr Source
Now it’s time to create your first Flickr SlideShow.
Give a name to your slider.
- Photos to get – Select the source from where you want to fetch the photos and show it into the Slider.
- User or Group? – Photos are associated with User or Group?
- User/Group ID – Put the Flickr ID (Ex: 30278357@N07), you can get yours from the URL of the gallery after logging into your Flickr account (make sure to put ID not Username)
- Tag Mode – Choose Tag mode
- Flickr Tags– Enter one or more tags separated by commas. Please note, tags can only be used with recent photos.
- Click Apply
STEP FIVE: Save Slider
Click Save SlideDeck Button to save all the settings.
STEP SIX: Add the slider to a post or page
You’re almost done. Now publish your slider to a post or page with any of three available ways.
By the end of this tutorial, you will have a slider with your favorite Flickr images.
Also, check out how to create a Tumblr slideshow in WordPress.
Hope this article helped you setting up the slider with Flickr slideshow images. Any Questions? Please let me know in comments.