SlideDeck WordPress Plugin Now Available!18 Comments
We asked you to vote on where you would like to see SlideDeck deployed next and we listened. We’ve been doing a private beta test on the SlideDeck WordPress plugin for a few weeks now and have just finished the gold release!
Code isn’t for everyone, but SlideDeck is. Create a SlideDeck on your blog in minutes and never touch a line of code!
SlideDeck Pro Version Users:
The WordPress plugin currently features the SlideDeck Lite, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t use SlideDeck Pro with it. Just replace the slidedeck.jquery.js file in the lib folder with the one from your SlideDeck Pro version ZIP file. Don’t worry, a Pro version of the WordPress plugin will be coming in the future with features only accessible to those who have purchased SlideDeck Pro.
How to Install:
Installation is easy. You can search for the plugin in the WordPress Plugin Directory or install it manually from the download link above.
Installing from the WordPress Plugin Directory:
- Go to your WordPress blog’s admin control panel and browse to the Plugins section.
- Search for slidedeck in the search box in the upper right corner.
- Click on the Install link for the SlideDeck Lite for WordPress plugin in the search results.
Installing Manually from the SlideDeck.com Download Page:
- Download the plugin from SlideDeck.com.
- Upload (copy) the plugin files to the /wp-content/plugins folder.
- In your WordPress control panel browse to the Plugins section.
- Click on the Activate link for the SlideDeck Lite for WordPress plugin in the list of plugins.
How to Use:
- Click on the SlideDeck navigation element in the left-hand navigation of your WordPress control panel.
- Click on the Add New button next to the title of the overview page.
- Start flowing in content to the slides.
- Click the Save SlideDeck button to save your SlideDeck.
- Go to a post or a page and click on the Insert SlideDeck button in the right-hand sidebar module or the SlideDeck icon in the rich text editor.
- Choose a SlideDeck from the list of decks in the dialog box to insert it into the post.